Tuesday, March 1, 2022

How Many Monitors? Let's Do the Numbers...

Someone commented on our Facebook ad yesterday. It was an attempt at humor. Something like “Look honey, I have seven monitors. Now I can really edit.” I messaged back and said: “Actually there are thirteen monitors.” 


When we started 22 years ago. There were only magazines to advertise in. Twenty years ago we started advertising in Videomaker Magazine and we are still advertising there today. The fact is… I am sure people saw our ad way back when in Videomaker and chuckled from time to time. Even today people like to comment on Facebook and say that they tried a video business and it didn’t work out for them. Reminds me of that line from Glengary Glen Ross. Alec Baldwin says: “Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar, "oh yeah, I used to be a salesman.”  

What they don’t know is that every successful business has its secrets and its secret sauce. If you want, you can come to Indianapolis and count the monitors. I re-counted. There are actually 18 in my studio. There’s a reason we have so many monitors. There’s a reason we are so successful. There are tons of reasons why we make so much money. 

We can talk numbers. Let’s do it. Last year my studio made over $300,000.00 and I run my studio part time. Last week I made over $12,000.00. Yesterday I made over $5000.00. You can say that that is easy for me to say but what about “me” (you). Well, you’ll never know until you try. If you sit in your comfort zone reading my emails, scrolling through Facebook, watching mindless TV, you’ll never know. 

Starting a business takes courage. Getting started in a new business is a blurry business for most folks. Where to start? What to do? Many are afraid of making mistakes, so they simply freeze. They sit in their comfort zone, read emails, scroll through Facebook, watch mindless TV, and accept less of themselves. 

Let’s get back to numbers for a minute or two. It takes $79,900.00 to purchase a studio. That’s a lot less than most franchises. The good news is we’re not a franchise. I hate franchising. We put you in the video business and we teach you how to make money with video. You will totally own your own business. If you’re smart and apply yourself, you can make twice that amount of $79,900.00 in your first year. My studio as made over $70,000.00 in the first two months of this year. This business is booming. You need to take a serious look at it. 

If you have the courage, make the time and journey to Indianapolis on Friday March 11th. You can audit some of the Advanced Training classes. Meet studio owners from Coast to Coast. Go out to dinner with them. Watch their work (their videos). On Saturday, March 12, you’ll be in my studio and in our training center attending the Show ‘N Tell Saturday Seminar. That’s a four hour free seminar all about starting your Home Video Studio. By the way, it’s a great way to bring your wife, husband, partner or significant other up to date on what you are interested in. 

Want to do this as a retirement business? At Show ‘N Tell weekend you’ll meet plenty of folks who are in their 50s, 60s, and 70s running studios. For the right person this is the perfect business. 

For a thousand generations the Jedi guarded the universe (Star Wars reference) and for 22 years we have been putting people into their own Home Video Studio. This business works and it can work for you.  Call us at 317-358-5932 to reserve your spot or simply ask questions. 

May the Force Be With YOU! 

Robert Hanley
Producer/Director/Editor





No comments: