|Tony Accepting Studio Owner of the Year 2011|
Even after all these years Tony is still especially fond of providing home movie transfer services for his customers. "I live in an older, more established part of the city and I see a lot of film, both 8mm and 16mm, come in needing this old media migrated to a modern format. It's satisfying to see people being able to enjoy their past heritage." Miklos, like any self-respecting Clevelander, also enjoys sports and gets a kick out of producing sports scholarship videos for his community's athletic hopefuls.
- Be fluent at multitasking - "A busy studio should have at least four profit centers going at once."
- You must advertise - "In my case Google Adwords is a necessity."
- Follow the plan - "You became involved because you were attracted to a proven plan. Don't get so "smart" that you begin to deviate from it."
- Call different owners often - "There is such a wealth of support and knowledge from other owners. This is a beautiful thing. Take advantage of it."
- Upgrade and Maintain your equipment - "Being current and being operable is your lifeblood. Don't neglect it."
- If customers bring in 8mm or MiniDV tapes ask if they still have the camera and offer a discount for it - "This helps eliminate the customers' clutter if they've upgraded, and it keeps you in backup equipment."
- Have annual open houses - "We are a business in the 'neighborhood' and people enjoy spending time with their neighbors. Also, serving fine wine to your neighbors doesn't hurt a thing!"
- Marketing, signage, advertising..."Be (and stay) visible - "If people know you're there they will come."
- Enjoy life - "This is a great business! Enjoy it. Take time off once in a while."
- "Did I mention call different owners often?"