Friday, August 31, 2012

As I was driving to my studio this morning....


As I was driving to my studio this morning I found myself reflecting back over the last two months and began smiling uncontrollably. I have held several important (stressful) positions in my life and I felt as though I was making a difference in those positions. However, I was rarely happy with the work I was doing. Today I enjoy going to work and it is not because I am surrounded by lots of electronic toys. In fact, that has little to do with it. In the past eight weeks I have seen a mother shed tears of joy watching a photo video keepsake of her two sons who recently graduated….. watched a family laugh, because they had not seen footage of many birthdays past until I hit play on that freshly burned DVD…… I witnessed the excitement of a 60+ year old man as he saw footage of his dad from the early 40’s for the first time ever…… and most recently I had the privilege of seeing the glow on a wonderful lady’s face as she heard the voice of her deceased mother talking to her recently deceased brother on the phone when he was in Vietnam. Memories are so powerful, precious and fragile. When I started Home Video Studio of Traverse City, I had no idea that the work I would be doing would have such an impact on the lives of the customers that I would be serving. What a privilege!!

I say all of this to remind each of us to appreciate the loved ones that are in our lives….. hug them, love them and yes spoil them. And for those that have gone before us, cherish the memories that we have of them and never forget the influence that they had and continue to have on us.

A Note from Robert Hanley: The proceeding was taken word-for-word from Anthony Sellers of Traverse City, MI Facebook page for Friday, August 31. Anthony called me in May and became a studio owner shortly there after. 

If you want to discuss studio ownership, please call me on my cell phone anytime: 317-358-5932 or toll free to the same cell phone 866-714-1956. 

May the Force be with you. 

Happy Labor Day.

Robert Hanley
Indianapolis, Indiana

No comments: